At 03:01 PM 7/14/01 -0400, you wrote:
Speaking of pinholes of different sizes...what drills/bits are the best to
use to create them?

Joel

I have a set of miniature drill bits, but prefer using needles. For small holes, I use beading needles. You can buy needles in packages graded by size, but I haven't found these sizes to be very reliable. I believe for any needle, you need to work out a way to either measure the shaft, or measure the hole as you enlarge it, or both. Once I know the diameter of a needle, I mark it with a piece of masking tape around the top for future use. But I still measure the hole as I make it. Some good information sources for actually making the holes are:

The pinhole FAQ: http://www.???????/resources/FAQ/ (just one source for FAQ) Larry Bullis article: http://www.???????/resources/articles/poke.html more by Larry Bullis: http://www.???????/resources/makingholes.html

Gregg

Pinhole Visions at http://www.???????
Worldwide Pinhole Photograhy Day at http://www.pinholeday.org