Polaroid 500 film was previously known as "Captiva" film.
(I suspext that the name change came about because the
Captiva camera is no longer being made.)  The Joycam uses
an internal mirror so that the lens is at a right angle to the
film plane.  As a result, I think that it would probably be best
to cut off most of the "upper" part of the camera (lens, shuter,
mirror, flash) leaving just the film pack holder and the film
ejection / development mechanism.  Then just glue a small
box with a pinhole in front of the film plane.  And yes, the
500 in the film name is the ISO speed.

For those that have not seen the Polaroid Joycam, it is an
integral film camera with a manual (rather than motorized)
film ejection mechanism.

Mike Vande Bunt