On 15/06/11 11:28, Zarmakuizz wrote:
A 'transition effect' is an effect that goes from a video to another one.

For example, you have two sequences. One is displayed. Then, the displayed sequence starts moving to the right and the "space" at left is completed by the sequence that wasn't displayed. Finally, the second sequence replaced the first.
Attached is the example explained with a picture.

We have back-end support for SMPTE wipes that is not exposed in the UI. That will probably be exposed soon (if it isn't already). We don't really have pitivi core support for moving layers of video yet, so that kind of "sliding" effect would require a bit more effort. Come to think of it, it probably wouldn't be that hard, but it wasn't on the radar until now.

--Brandon