On Wed, 2011-06-15 at 16:19 -0400, Chase Adams wrote:
> Mr. Lewis, to answer your question, Pitivi supports a couple basic
> transitions right now. Transition effects have been on the roadmap for
> years, and for what its worth, my guess is more advanced transitions
> will stay unimplemented until a GSoC-er decides to take them as a project.

Cool, I'm glad to know where things are... I'd be interested to know
what options there are currently, and how that is implemented in the UI,
but I do understand the problem... obviously there is always a funding
and manpower issue with this kind of application as with many open
source apps.  I wonder what the solution is, because there are plenty of
applications where I would happily pay to have a polished "commercial
grade" implementation on Linux, or in the hopes of reaching that
goal.... I think PiTiVi had great potential, it is easy to use,
intuitive, and it works well, it's improving rapidly and most
importantly, it's "done right", using gstreamer etc.... I think that
gstreamer is one of the most significant components to come to the linux
desktop, probably ever...

What I'm saying, is... I am not in a position to contribute code, but I
think that there are a lot of people like me, who would contribute
financially if we thought it would make a difference, and if there was
an obvious way to do that....

James