On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 3:33 AM, EBo <e...@sandien.com> wrote:

> How do people do full-duplex handshaking in plan9, and should I have each
> user variable handled as a separate service?
>
> Can anyone suggest another example of how a synthetic file system is built
> in a server so to study?

Depends on how complex you are getting.  Nemo's OS Abstraction book
(plan9.escet.urjc.es/who/nemo/9.intro.pdf) has some good walkthru's --
but it mostly depends on what you are trying to do.  Otherwise read
the man pages and look at the code for things in the 4th section of
the man pages (and maybe the 3rd section as well for synthetic fs
design examples from the device perspective).

          -eric