Kanedias added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D1230#158795, @subdiff wrote:

  > Hi Oleg

  Hi. Haven't been here in a long time.

  > - Please merge current master.

  Will do this and fix review comments on weekend (or earlier if I can).

  > - The RemoteAccessManager is active all the time. It would be nice if it
would be only active if there are clients who ask for buffers.

  Well, it has `active` property in KWayland that is true only if at least one
client is connected (if I remember my code from 6 months back correctly), so I
can expose it and use here. Will this suffice?

  > Then in general did you look at GNOME's way forward of screen
recording/sharing on Wayland?

  No, sorry. This patchset was ready long before the GNOME news. I use
different idea here that was proposed by Martin Graesslin, with GBM and Wayland
protocol we actually can pass file descriptors to video buffer objects from one
app to another
  so KWin is passing BOs to KRfb which then can do all heavy-lifting without
hurting KWin performance or stability.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

To: Kanedias, graesslin, davidedmundson, subdiff, #kwin
Cc: subdiff, ngraham, alexeymin, aacid, kwin, #kwin, davidedmundson,
plasma-devel, bwowk, leezu, ZrenBot, progwolff, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed,
hardening, jensreuterberg, abetts, eliasp, sebas, apol, mart, hein