Kanedias added a comment.

  > The thing is I would like to see your solution also be applicable to other
apps that need access to the buffer contents, like screen recording tools
(SimpleScreenRecorder for example) and so on. If you say KRfb does the
heavy-lifting, I assume such a screen recording tool would need to do this as
well in a nontrivial additional backend.

  But it is. By heavy-lifting I mean calling glReadPixels on that BO.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

To: Kanedias, graesslin, davidedmundson, subdiff, #kwin
Cc: subdiff, ngraham, alexeymin, aacid, kwin, #kwin, davidedmundson,
plasma-devel, bwowk, leezu, ZrenBot, progwolff, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed,
hardening, jensreuterberg, abetts, eliasp, sebas, apol, mart, hein