Dear Nate:
   Changing the static field to false enabled the acquisition of images but I
believe there may be another issue with the Sony camera model. When static is
set to true, the camera does not move. When static is set to false, the ptz
joints are out of control. Sometimes the camera starts bouncing and other times
it just spins in a circle. When I try to connect to the ptz interface through
player, Gazebo segfaults with an error of "ODE INTERNAL ERROR 1: assertion
"bNormalizationResult" failed in _dNormalize4() [../../include/ode/odemath.h]"

   Also, is it possible for the default value of the saveframes variable to be
set to false? Saving frames is probably not a very common task but it can
easily take up a lot of disk space.

Sandy
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.sanfordfreedman.com

"I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when you looked at
it in the right way, did not become still more complicated."
- Poul Anderson