> The first rev for example, would having nothing on the PCI bus.
> But some framework (including some BIOS init) would make it
> possible for people to more eaily write emulation for IO
> componetry.
>
> -Kevin

Hi,
I think that the first things that we should take care about are BIOS32 Service
Directory and PCI BIOS support. They are really needed since some OSes (like
Windows) use BIOS32 Service Directory to provide access to PCI BIOS service wich
in turn is used to access the configuration space for the PCI devices in the
system. Linux has the ability to choose from BIOS32 services access and direct
access for the PCI devices. Also some BIOS support should be added at startup in
order to allocate resources (memory mapped regions, etc)for all PCI devices and
call the INIT function that reside inside PCI\'s expansion ROM.

Bogdan