--- "Dr. Yasha Karant" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Plex86 is a fine starting point.  I am not a JD and have not
> read the existing license in full detail -- is the existing
> license GPL or FreeBSD or are there specific restrictive covenants?
>
> I ask this because Plex86 was being funded by a commercial vendor
> until such time as Kevin was terminated, and Bochs was intended
> as a part of Kevin's livelihood if I correctly recall previous emails
> with him.

Let's see, might as well do some wholesale answering.

Plex86 is LGPL since we decided on a license in the
beginning.  Bochs has been LGPL'd for some time now.

I still haven't decided what I want to do next.  I plan
to take as much time as needed.

What else...yes Mandrake did fund me while I worked on Plex86.

Bochs was previously a commercial license, but developed
in the open.  This did enable me to pay the rent while I
worked on it, indeed a big help.  People still contributed
anyways.  This licensing arrangement frustrated RMS
who likes to see in B&W.  But I have to hand it to
many good people who helped, and who recognized shades
of grey.

Anyways, I'm working on neither at the moment.  Back
to my regularly scheduled program...

-Kevin