> > The body of your message belongs in the actual message body, surprisingly
> > enough, not a MIME attachment.  The PGP signature ought to go in the
> > headers, seeing as it's machine-readable metadata.
>
> No, what it actually did was send a multi-part mime message.  There were no
> attachments, at least not that I got.  The body of the message consisted of
> two parts, the text message and the PGP signature.  My mail client correctly
> recognized it as a multipart message and displayed it appropriately.

miltipart MIME messages always have attachments. That's what the parts
are. If some twit sends mail as multipart/alternative (HTML and text
are the usual choices) then the email client chooses which to display.

If it's multipart/mixed, then it should attempt to play the video and
sound content, display the text and run the programs. Etc.

Jeroen's was multipart/signed. My guess is that MS doesn't understand
this and has another way of doing it.

If the attachment is executable, OE tries to run it and that's why we
have so many email virus attacks.

If its displayable, it should display it, no drama.

I think a MIME-capable email client should NOT display the body of MIME
mail - I've seen it used in the past for messages such as "your client
does not understand MIME mail, some parts may not be readable."
--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Microsoft's most solid OS: http://www.geocities.com/rcwoolley/

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my
disposition.