From: "Casey Boone" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: [plex86] SourceForge Was: bochs 1.3 --> plex86?
> > On Friday 07 December 2001 09:23, you wrote:
[snip]
> my own philosophy is use whatever you want, but dont b*tch when its
> something that isnt really all that important.
[snip]

OK then I'll just read the text attatchment like you do... sorry I
complained, I just assumed that the guy who was doing that, didn't know his
program was doing taht.

Guess what? One flame war every few years is a pretty good thing, vs. the X
number per day that happen in your typical newsgroup. The reason we're
talking about this sort of thing is because the list isn't being used for
much Plex86 related these days, but it will. I'm optimistic about the future
of Plex86.

I still think Plex86 should share code with DOSEMU and with the Bochs that
is being developed on Sourceforge. It's interesting how people who don't
know much about things will be delighted to offer their oppinion that we
can't do what DOSEMU does for SVGA... but can they say why, in a way that we
can understand?

A while ago I posted to a mathematics newsgroup a method for calculating
square roots. That post was intended to teach people who don't know how to
calculate the square root of a number like 3, with only a paper and a
pencil. Many people claimed it wouldn't work. Then someone realized that it
was a special case of what mathematics textbooks call Newton's Iteration;
then those people moved on to say, OK it will work, but everyone already
knows it and besides Newton figured it out long before me so it doesn't
matter, does it?