My suggestion would be to also have a look at how synergy (re-useable
code) between plex86 and bochs can be achieved.

In my view plex86 & bochs should eventually consist out of these things:

1) x86 virtualisation 'engine' (plex86 specific)   -  this should be the
cvs Drew is talking about
2) x86 emulation 'engine' (bochs specific)   - this should be the
current bochs cvs
3) x86 PC hardware emulation 'engine' (plex86 & bochs common code for eg
'virtual hardware')   - this is the important/difficult part because
there isn't a good seperation of both bochs/plex86 and their common code
(also called 'plugins' in the current plex86 cvs)

3 allows for both plex86 and bochs developers to make enhancements on
the shared code without the problem of one 'outgrowing' the other (we
should not get a situation where improving 'shared' code in one project
cannot be integrated into the other project).
---
Jeroen Janssen