On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 11:41:18PM -0500, Drew Northup wrote:

> To clear things up a bit, the real problem with hosting in the US of A has
> little to do with the legality of the plex86 project itself and little to
> do with issues such as licensing and software-specific concerns. The
> problem is if somebody decides to get a patent for what we are doing of if
> the US government passes the SSSCA (or other stupid legislation).

If the EU passes the EUCD and other laws we have the same problems in
the EU. Althought the directive proposal for software patents might be
stopped, the EU has the same problems. And with the proposed Hague
Treaty (See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/hague.html) you can be sued
for everything in every country. The problem you are talking about are
proposed almost everywhere on this plant. Bit you are talking about "if
... does ...", it's not yet the case. I don't see why we have to
handle according that. When the real harm is there, we have enough
time to act.

> There
> is nothing here that people haven't had the oportunity to be worried about
> already.

So there is *no* problem with hosting this in the US. Having a backup
of everything available at some other place would be enough IMHO.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org