[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>plex86.o gets dynamically allocated major and minor numbers upon
>installation, so you'll need to wither modify the source so it
>doesn't start out with major and minor numbers of zero (telling the
>system to dynamically allocate) (careful about conflicts!), or you
>can recompile your kernel with the experimental "devfs".

The plex86 module doesn't have any alocated major and minor number,
wright ? So users should edit the source or use devfs, wright ? I'll
never get plex86 running without edit the source or use devfs, wright ?

Let explain my attention with this, I'm going to write a Install file to
anyone quickly setup the plex86 from cvs.

>I did the latter for the 2.4.17 kernel on my Debian Potatoe box.
>You'll want to apt-get install kernel-package, so that you can use
>mae-kpkg to makeyour own kernel .debs.  You'll probably also want to
>modify linux/fs/devfs/base.c to mount devfs at /dev/devfs instead of
>at /dev.  That way you won't have to risk monkeying with /etc/fstab.
>You'll just have to symlink /dev/devfs/misc to /dev/misc and plex86.o
>will create it's own device file when it loads.

Hey , this tip is really cool.