Hi all,
Those who I've sprinted with in the past on ZopeSkel know I've been complaining about PasteScript for a long time. I've finally started working on something to replace it.

It's in the second phase of the design process; I'm working on the implementation plan right now. So requirements are gathered, approach defined, parameters for the first release are set. The why is worked out, now I'm on the how :)

Nothing is set in stone right now, so it's a good time to discuss the project with interested parties and solicit help and feedback. If you know of other groups/lists/etc that might be interested, please let me know.

I'm planning to sprint on the project at the Plone conference in San Francisco this year (still working out the logistics).

I will probably establish another mailing list at some point, but I think the project is relevant enough to ZopeSkel that I'm OK with discussing it here (objections?). My plan is to ultimately port ZopeSkel/templer to use Crushinator. It's being designed as a general use toolkit/framework, but it was designed from the ground up with ZopeSkel in mind.

#zopeskel is typically emptyish, so it might be a good place to hold off-list or out of band discussion on Crushinator. (my user name is jjmojojjmojo, by the way)

The design document is here: http://code.google.com/p/lionfacelemonface/wiki/CrushinatorDesign

I've also presented on the project at a recent TriZPUG meeting, which amounts to a quick overview/summary. The slides are available at: http://trizpug.org/Members/jj/crushinator-presentation-07282011/crushinator-presentation.pdf

Thanks,
JJ

--
Josh Johnson