On Jan 5, 2012, at 11:37 AM, Encolpe Degoute wrote:

> Le 05/01/2012 18:05, Cris Ewing a écrit :
>>
>> On Jan 4, 2012, at 1:24 PM, Encolpe Degoute wrote:
>>
>>> Have any clue to do this or can we do it with zopeskel 3 and templer ?
>>
>> This is actually a lot easier to accomplish in ZopeSkel 3 / templer because
>> we now have the ability to use questions to decide which files to put in
>> place in the first place.  With ZopeSkel 2 your only viable option is to use
>> the post method of your template to remove files you don't want.  In
>> templer, you can define 'structure' questions which allow you to choose
>> which files/directories to put in in the first place.  It's a bit cleaner.
>
> I don't understand the relation between templer and paster : is it a
> fork, a rewrite or a new layer above paster?

To answer your question about templer's relation to paster, it's almost exactly
the same as ZopeSkel.  Templer is really just an attempt to fix some of the
shortcomings in how ZopeSkel.  The primary targets are the monolithic structure
of the ZopeSkel package and the limited flexibility in generated file
structure.

> Is there a start of documentation for templer ?
> The homepage link for templer.core package is wrong on pypi.

I think I may have some extra time over the next two days here.  Work is in a
temporary lull.  I will try to get some documentation out the door, as well as
releasing a few more pieces to make the templer / ZopeSkel 3 set up more useful
over-all.

Thanks for your interest, and for any feedback you have on the project.  As
always, help is appreciated if time and interest are there.

Cris Ewing