On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 04:32:54PM -0800, Alan Irwin wrote:

> IIRC, octave was perfect before (except for missing ex 19) for me and
> Andrew's commit messages for example 21 imply that example was previously
> perfect for him.  Thus, I believe the octave issue for example 21 has been
> recently introduced (with revision 8637).  If you look at the first page of
> the Octave and C plots the random data are quite different.  That seems a
> major clue, but there doesn't seem to be anything obvious in
> bindings/octave/demos/x21.m that is causing this difference, and I also
> don't spot anything obvious in the revision 8637 commit. Andrew, could you
> take a look?

I woke up this morning and realised the cause of this. Currently
test_octave.sh runs all the tests from a single octave process. I
suspect this is the cause since plrandd is now used in 2 examples (17
and 21) and so example 21 will give different results now since the
random number generator will already have been called in example 17.

I will look at this later.

Andrew