On 2010-05-09 21:30+0200 Werner Smekal wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> On 5/9/10 5:13 PM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
>> On 2010-05-09 09:36+0200 Werner Smekal wrote:
>>
>>> The problem is, that in Windows dlls must either be in the same
>>> directory as the executable (so test-drv-info must be in this directory
>>> as well), or the PATH is set accordingly (this can't be set by cmake,
>>> since the changes of cmake to the environment variables only last as
>>> long cmake runs - so the changes are not anymore during compile time) or
>>> if the dlls are in on of the system directories (no option).
>>
>> But test-drv-info is located in the same build-tree drivers subdirectory as
>> the plug-in device drivers that it is testing.  For example, here is
>> the story on Linux for xwin:
>
> Not for Windows: all dlls (whereever they come from) are in the dll
> directory, while test-drv-info is as you say in the drivers directory.

Thanks for that key clarification.

> I hope I have more time tomorrow to have a look at it.

The current dll subdirectory location for the plug-in device drivers is
essential for build-tree testing on Windows (since that dll location must be
on your PATH for that case). So the location of the plug-in devices must not
be changed. Therefore, I believe the only thing left to do (for those users
who are building but not testing so they don't have their PATH set to dll)
is to change the location of the test-drv-info executable to dll for the
if(BUILD_SHARED_LIBS AND WIN32 AND NOT CYGWIN) case.  If I can get that to
work on Wine, I will commit the change (unless you beat me to it or unless
you know of some reason why that wont work).