Hi Alan,

>> Not for Windows: all dlls (whereever they come from) are in the dll
>> directory, while test-drv-info is as you say in the drivers directory.
>
> Thanks for that key clarification.
>

>> I hope I have more time tomorrow to have a look at it.
>>

> The current dll subdirectory location for the plug-in device drivers is
> essential for build-tree testing on Windows (since that dll location
> must be
> on your PATH for that case). So the location of the plug-in devices must
> not
> be changed. Therefore, I believe the only thing left to do (for those users
> who are building but not testing so they don't have their PATH set to dll)
> is to change the location of the test-drv-info executable to dll for the
> if(BUILD_SHARED_LIBS AND WIN32 AND NOT CYGWIN) case.  If I can get that to
> work on Wine, I will commit the change (unless you beat me to it or unless
> you know of some reason why that wont work).

I just commited the change. This works for me on MinGW. Compilation
should now be always successful, to make the examples work the PATH
variable must be adjusted (add the dll directory). There is no automatic
automatism for that, except that we could warn the user at the end of
the cmake configuration stage, if the dll path is not in the PATH
variable or similar.

Regards,
Werner

> Alan
> __________________________
> Alan W. Irwin
>
> Astronomical research affiliation with Department of Physics and Astronomy,
>
> Programming affiliations with the FreeEOS equation-of-state implementation
> for stellar interiors (freeeos.sf.net); PLplot scientific plotting software
> package (plplot.org); the libLASi project (unifont.org/lasi); the Loads of
> Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project
> (lbproject.sf.net).
> __________________________
>
> Linux-powered Science
> __________________________