On 2010-09-21 10:43-0400 Schwab,Wilhelm K wrote:

> Hazen,
>
> Ideally, I would prefer a cross-platform solution, but the reality is that I
> work on Linux.  Cairo appears to have installed vai apt-get; I have yet to do
> anything with it.
>
> Where should I look for the memcairo driver?

Hi Bill:

First, make sure our cairo device driver (that contains all sorts of
devices including memcairo) works. If your list of devices in the
cmake output includes any device with "cairo" in the name, then that
means our build system has found the development version pango/cairo
libraries needed by our cairo device driver.  Otherwise,
look for any WARNING messages in your cmake output having to do with
pango/cairo and deal with them (normally by installing the developer version
of pango and cairo, cleaning out your build tree, and trying again).

Once some "*cairo" devices are available, then make the memcairo
device available using the cmake option -DPLD_memcairo=ON.

Hi Hazen:

The rest of this is directed to you. There is a note in
cmake/modules/drivers-init.cmake that says "memcairo does not work so
turn it off by default". Does memcairo actually work now?  If so, you
should remove that note, and turn memcairo on by default just like our
other cairo devices so that users don't have to use -DPLD_memcairo=ON
to access it.