On 2010-12-03 08:56+0100 Arjen Markus wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> my first results with this new version of MinGW/MSYS are encouraging:
> The comprehensive_test.sh script now properly redirects the output to
> the various files, there is only one obvious error (pltcl.exe is still
> not found) and the results for C, C++ and Fortran look identical
> (I checked a few files manually, so nothing exhaustive).

That's good news that you now have a modern bash working properly on
Windows now.

Instead of diffing individual files, you can also take a look at e.g.,
comprehensive_test_disposeable/shared/output_tree/make_noninteractive.out
which should show the standard diff summary near the end of that file.
(And similarly for ctest.out and other test_noninteractive.out output
files when you get to further tests with comprehensive_test.sh).

> The problem with pltcl.exe is most likely that the ../utils directory is
> missing from the path ... although the code does extend the path!
> Something to check then.

Yes, I have also eyeballed test_tcl.sh, and I cannot see what could be
going wrong there with the PATH manipulations. To check that at run
time I suggest you change directory to

comprehensive_test_disposeable/shared/build_tree

then edit plplot_test/test_tcl.sh to

run the commands

pwd
echo "PATH is $PATH"

right before pltcl.exe is invoked to output the current directory
and PATH.

Then try "make test_interactive" by hand or else its tcl subset "make
test_tcl_psc".  Either of those commands should indirectly run that
edited plplot_test/test_tcl.sh so you can figure out what is going
wrong.

Good luck, and let me know how it goes.