On 2014-01-28 22:25+0800 Hǎiliàng Wáng wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> I have managed to generate function declarations from gccxml objects
> and tested the new check program. The result looks pretty nice. (Not
> forgot checking in this time :-).
>
> To update:
> go get -u "github.com/hailiang/go-gccxml"
> go get -u "github.com/hailiang/go-plplot"

I did the first of those without problems, but
that second command failed as follows:

software@raven> go get -u "github.com/hailiang/go-plplot"
# github.com/hailiang/go-plplot/c
../src/github.com/hailiang/go-plplot/c/hand.go:8:20: fatal error:
plplot.h: No such file or directory

So you probably have made some assumption about the location
of PLplot code.  But that issue doesn't matter to me since
if I replace that command with

go get -u github.com/hailiang/go-plplot/c/check

and follow with

go build github.com/hailiang/go-plplot/c/check

the result is a new $GOPATH/bin/check programme that works well here;
it gives the desired non-zero return code for the current unclean
result, and also eliminates the false positives for the function
pointers.  The only issue that is left (that I am aware of) is I still
must use a workaround (copying plplot.h from the source tree to the
build tree, see doc/docbook/src/CMakeLists.txt) in order to
conveniently use your check code for the common case where the build
and install of PLplot have not been done.

With the latest version of the code built in the way above, all false
positives are gone for the function pointers. Also, there is at least
one real function pointer difference, e.g.,

para 13 of func plshades type mismatch
[ void (*) (PLINT, PLFLT *, PLFLT *) ] vs.
[ void (*) (PLINT, const PLFLT *, const PLFLT *) ]

being found indicating your parsing code is working perfectly. (I
still have to address that type mismatch and about 80 other mismatch
issues that are still left.)

Thanks again for this most significant help you have provided for the
PLplot documentation effort.  Furthermore, I wish you the best in your
efforts to implement a Go binding of the PLplot library and the
corresponding standard examples implemented in the Go language to
check that Go binding is producing identical results for the standard
examples compared to corresponding results for other PLplot bindings.