On 2014-01-25 10:48+0800 Hailiang Wang wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> I'm in UTC+8 time zone and now it's about 11 AM here.
>
> I realize that the check program is for PLPlot community who may not
> be familiar with Go. I have added a README.md file under the same
> location of the check tool.
>
> The minimal unit that "go get" tool can get is a repository, so the
> source directory of the "check" program cannot be fetched alone, you
> have to get the git repository like this: "go get
> github.com/hailiang/go-plplot".

Out of curiosity, once I have run "go get" for an old version, how do
I update to a later version?  I am in that position now trying to get
your updates, but "go get" seems to be satisfied with the old version
that was already downloaded and does not get the latest.
Subsequently, I brute-forced around the issue by removing everything
in $GOPATH, and then "go get" got the latest version, and after "go
build" (and copying plplot.h from source tree to build tree)
I can finally reproduce your latest report.  Yes!!

> gccxml is a patch to gcc compiler. It means that gccxml can accept the
> same command line arguments as gcc and the parsed header file must
> obey the same rule that gcc requires. Currently I have to install
> PLPlot first and then run the checker. What are the command line
> argument to make gcc to parse the header file in the source tree
> rather than the installed location? (I'm not very familiar with gcc)

Use the gcc -I options to specify multiple directories to look for headers,
e.g.

gcc -I/top-directory-plplot-source-tree/include
-I/top-directory-plplot-build-tree/include

The obvious advantage of using the combination of source tree + build
tree over, e.g.,

gcc -I/install-prefix/include/plplot

where only the install tree is used is you only have to run the "cmake" command
to configure the build-tree
headers you need.  (As opposed to "cmake" + "make" + "make install" to
configure,
build, and install.)