On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 7:20 PM, Jerry <lancebo...@qwest.net> wrote:

> On Feb 4, 2014, at 3:05 PM, Alan W. Irwin <ir...@beluga.phys.uvic.ca> wrote:
>
>> So Hazen, assuming no other core PLplot developer have questions about
>> the conversion of the official PLplot repo to git
>
> How big will the local copy be? And yes, the learning curve is kinda big. I
> fiddled around some time back with git w.r.t. LyX, the document processor. As
> I recall, the local storage requirements can be large.

The last time I checked a checkout of a complete PLplot history was
approximately 20 megabytes.  This was about a year ago.

Moving to git and github for PLplot will be a significant benefit to
the project I expect.  Both tools make external contributions much
easier to make, review and merge.  github's review tools are rather
excellent compared to others I've used.

Hez