     From: phil rosenberg <philip_rosenb...@yahoo.com>
 To: "plplot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net" <plplot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
 Sent: Tuesday, 4 November 2014, 13:15
 Subject: Re: Docbook on Cygwin

As an addition to this I have just found that on a clean build tree (i.e. after
running make clean), the build fails with the following (note I have just
copied the end of the output)

[ 64%] Generating x31.tcl

[ 65%] Generating x33.tcl

[ 65%] Built target tcl_examples

[ 65%] Generating tclIndex

[ 98%] Built target tclIndex_examples_tcl

[ 98%] Built target html

[ 98%] Built target info

[ 98%] Built target man

[100%] Generating plplot-structs.txt

[100%] Built target docbook_plplot-structs_txt

[100%] Generating plplot-symbols.txt

nm: '/usr/local/src/plplot-plplot/build/src/libplplot.so': No such file

/usr/local/src/plplot-plplot/doc/docbook/src/../bin/get-library-symbols.pl:
cannot get external symbols of library
/usr/local/src/plplot-plplot/build/src/libplplot.so at
/usr/local/src/plplot-plplot/doc/docbook/src/../bin/get-library-symbols.pl line
26.

doc/docbook/src/CMakeFiles/docbook_plplot-symbols_txt.dir/build.make:54: recipe
for target 'doc/docbook/src/plplot-symbols.txt' failed

make[2]: *** [doc/docbook/src/plplot-symbols.txt] Error 1

CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1756: recipe for target
'doc/docbook/src/CMakeFiles/docbook_plplot-symbols_txt.dir/all' failed

make[1]: *** [doc/docbook/src/CMakeFiles/docbook_plplot-symbols_txt.dir/all]
Error 2

make: *** [all] Error 2

Running make a second time allows the build to complete with no problems. Alan
do you have any ideas why this might be the case?

Phil