From: Arjen Markus [mailto:arjen.mar...@deltares.nl]
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2014 3:43 PM
To: phil rosenberg; plplot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Plplot-devel] Docbook on Cygwin

Hi Phil, Alan,

I tried to build the docbook targets, but I ran into a few problems:

-        The command dblatex was not recognised as a proper command. Possibly
because of a lacking extension - I have seen something like that on the Cygwin
mailing list. The command would not even show up in "ls /bin". After I added
the absolute path (/cygdrive/c/cygwin64/bin in my case), it was acknowledged.

-        Running make however produces a long list of warnings/error messages
like:

Scanning dependencies of target pdf_target

[100%] Generating plplot-5.10.0.pdf

Build the book set list...

/cygdrive/d/plplot-svn/build-cygwin-docbook/doc/docbook/src/plplotdoc-print.xml:39:
 element chapter: validity error : ID intro already defined

/cygdrive/d/plplot-svn/build-cygwin-docbook/doc/docbook/src/plplotdoc-print.xml:41:
 element sect1: validity error : ID plplot-plotting-library already defined

/cygdrive/d/plplot-svn/build-cygwin-docbook/doc/docbook/src/plplotdoc-print.xml:172:
 element sect1: validity error : ID acquiring-plplot already defined

/cygdrive/d/plplot-svn/build-cygwin-docbook/doc/docbook/src/plplotdoc-print.xml:184:
 element sect1: validity error : ID installing already defined

/cygdrive/d/plplot-svn/build-cygwin-docbook/doc/docbook/src/plplotdoc-print.xml:212:
 element sect1: validity error : ID organization already defined

-        I can ignore them, however, as things continued anyway. But then this
fatal error occurred:

Build plplotdoc-print.pdf

xelatex failed

"C:\Program:65: Package xparse Error: Support package l3kernel too old.

"C:\Program:65: leading text:   }

Unexpected error occured

Error: xelatex compilation failed

doc/docbook/src/CMakeFiles/pdf_target.dir/build.make:81: recipe for target
'doc/docbook/src/plplot-5.10.0.pdf' failed

make[2]: *** [doc/docbook/src/plplot-5.10.0.pdf] Error 1

CMakeFiles/Makefile2:10018: recipe for target
'doc/docbook/src/CMakeFiles/pdf_target.dir/all' failed

make[1]: *** [doc/docbook/src/CMakeFiles/pdf_target.dir/all] Error 2

make: *** [all] Error 2

            That is something I have no idea how to solve. There does not seem
to be an xelatex package under Cygwin and I have no clue as to the nature of
the "l3kernel" package.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Arjen