From: "Alan W. Irwin" <ir...@beluga.phys.uvic.ca>
Sent: ‎05/‎11/‎2014 17:13
To: "Arjen Markus" <arjen.mar...@deltares.nl>
Cc: "phil rosenberg" <philip_rosenb...@yahoo.com>;
"plplot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net" <plplot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Plplot-devel] Docbook on Cygwin

On 2014-11-05 15:01-0000 Arjen Markus wrote:

> L3kernel turned out to be a Latex package. After updating that I got
error messages about some fonts - so that must be the same problem
Phil reported. In my case, however, the Latex installation is not
coming from Cygwin but from Windows. So installing these fonts will
have to be done outside of Cygwin. Just to make this all a trifle more
interesting, I suppose :).

Actually, it should now be trivial since Phil has figured out
how to specify Cygwin fonts in any location using
the Cygwin pkgconfig package.  See the updated (yet again)
doc/docbook/README.developers file.

Since you appeared to miss that commit, are you subscribed to the
plplot git feed so you are receiving e-mail from what looks like our
SF plplot git repository?  That feed helps keep track of all git
changes.  See
http://sourceforge.net/p/plplot/plplot/ci/b2f453344f15fb46400927262a5cd8b35b7acc6d/
that was mentioned as Phil's last git commit by the feed.

Phil is the "strong silent" type; his commit message (virtually) says it all
:-)

Seriously there is a lot of value in that approach.  I have spent a
lot of time trying to figure this issue out at one remove, and sent
lots of e-mail with the possibilities.  That turned out to be mostly a
waste of my time since Phil just (mostly silently and probably without
much help from my e-mails) went ahead and solved it directly.

Impressive work, Phil, and except for one final terminating message, I
hope to be silent now on this topic.  :-)