On 2015-01-27 08:16-0000 Arjen Markus wrote:

>> [Alan said] If you cannot meet that deadline, then I suggest you give your
>> highest priority to
>> finishing the small changes (such as Jim's plmem.c
>> changes) that can be committed to master before that deadline.

> Given that the changes to the Fortran bindings are huge (though I
have tested them on two platforms already - Cygwin and bare Windows),
but also the fact that the new geographic mapping API is waiting, I
think I will postpone work on the Fortran bindings for the moment and
continue with these much more limited changes.

Hi Arjen:

That sounds like a good plan to postpone committing your Fortran
binding rewrite to master branch until the next release cycle since
there is not that much time left in the current release cycle to
finish off your rewrite much less test it.  Meanwhile, good luck with
your Fortran (and Tcl?) propagation efforts for this release cycle.