Hi Alan et al
I have updated the bug report on SF. A number of the issues are now
fixed. I'm not sure I will have time nor if I should start fixing any
more of these before the release deadline. The ones that concern me
most are:

super/subscript problems
Aspect ratio issues
hatchings
inline text changes

The hatching issue might have to be dealt with because whatever it is,
it seems to be causing crashes in the Xwin driver.

Inline text changes probably requires an overhaul of the text
parsing/buffering so it too intrusive to do now.
The other two issues may well be internal to the driver, if I get time
I will look at them, but I'm not sure I will.

Phil