For everybody on this list, I am in the very late stages of bringing
out a PLplot release (hopefully by late this week) based on the git
master tip version of PLplot. To access that version with git follow
the directions in sf.net/projects/plplot -> Code.  Any feedback on
that version would be much appreciated.  You should note the backwards
incompatibilities mentioned in the release notes (see README.relase).
You should also note that I am in the "deep freeze" final stages of
this release process so I will tend to be very cautious about further
changes for this release unless someone demonstrates an important
regression (aside from the designed backwards incompatibilities)
compared to previous PLplot releases.