Hi Jim:

You said:

> I think for most devices the argument will be positive.  Due to the
experimental nature of plmetafile.c and the desire to change to a
different representation for internal coordinates, I don't think we
need to worry about it for this release.

Good point.

>I have attached a patch
series, but have not been able to test in VS 2012.

Your patch is based on a rather old version of src/plmetafile.c so
does not apply.  Please regenerate the patch based on master tip.

Of course, I could simply edit that file myself following what you did
in the patch, but I prefer you to generate the patch to account
properly for who is reponsible for what in our code.