To Greg and Arjen:

There is something for both of you here.

On 2015-04-04 21:46-0700 Greg Jung wrote:

> I've booted over to windows, so it'll be a while b4 I do more Suse.

@Greg:

Well, as you can see from the updated release notes (README.release) I
refer to the wiki for the test reports so if the OpenSUSE report is
filled in a few days after the release it is no big deal since there
is already my two Debian reports there to cover the Linux case, and
I am hoping Andrew will contribute some Linux reports there as
well.

@Arjen: but I would appreciate you finishing your Cygwin report before
the release with the requested script output since that report and my
forthcoming MinGW/MSYS one will likely be the only Windows reports we
will have at release time unless Greg can figure out what is happening
for his own Cygwin case and/or the new (to us) MSYS2 platform before
release.

[out of order]
> Hey, why isn't wxwidget driver shut off (as is qt) when ENABLE_wxwidget=OFF?

The ENABLE for is reserved for libraries, and the PLD form is reserved
for devices.  The qt devices depends on the plplotqt library so if you
disable that library with ENABLE_qt=OFF, all the devices get disabled
as well as a side effect.  The wxwidgets device does not depend on the
plplotwxwidgets library so you have to use both the ENABLE and PLD
forms to turn off everything related to wxwidgets.

> There really is hardly any info being relayed to the screen, except progress
> (ie "ctest -j4 in the build directory"). but ok.

@ Greg and Arjen:

Actually, the script output gives a complete summary of all options
plus a detailed progress report.  All that information is useful to
me both when things go go wrong (so I can advise you) and when
things go right (so I can summarize the result for our wiki).

> I tried to redirect once, then realized it needed my input.  When I tried
> that tho I ended up in some sort of loop with "y" scrolling the screen.
> I think maybe we should pipe it to "tee" and that would solve the confusion.
>  <script> | tee scriptoutput.out should work.

Good idea, but you need to capture both stdout and stderr so I suggest both of
you modify that idea slightly to

<script> |& tee scriptoutput.out

instead.