On 2017-01-04 16:21-0500 Pedro Vicente wrote:

> I did [on CentOS]
> make VERBOSE=1 test_c_wxwidgets >& out.txt &
>
> there were no plots, just black and grey windows that quickly showed and
> disappeared
>
> output is attached

As you can see for yourself there are no warnings or errors so that
looks promising.  However, you should skim those debug results (which
I did not do myself) to make sure there is nothing unexpected going
on for any of those examples that are run by that test.

Those "black and grey windows" are what I see here as well.  They are
apparently an artifact of the current wxPLViewer implementation where
nothing is displayed for that GUI until the buffer representing all
the plot activity for a particular page has been accumulated, then at
EOP that display is immediately removed again.  That is fine for
normal interactive use where you are clicking on the GUI to move
through the pages.  But the effect for the -np (no pause) option is
the page flashes on the screen for a microsec or so, and you end up
only seeing that weird effect.  If I recall correctly from when I was
testing on -dev wingcc on the Wine version of Windows there was a
similar weird effect with -np there (which was likely due to the same
cause).

As a low-priority item I have asked Phil to fix this -np issue for
-dev wxwidgets by following the buffer models used by -dev xwin, -dev
xcairo, and -dev qtwidget which display the buffer results as they
become available for the test_c_xwin, test_c_xcairo, and
test_c_qtwidget targets rather than waiting until the buffer has been
accumulated for the entire page. But since I plan to greatly improve
the efficiency of the IPC between -dev wxwidgets and wxPLViewer in any
case right after this release I may end up fixing the -np issue myself
at the same time since the two issues are likely closely related.  And
someone should similarly fix -dev wingcc.

But meanwhile even with these weird-looking results for the -np option
for -dev wxwidgets and -dev wingcc, that option is still extremely
useful for the interactive tests associated with building the
test_c_wxwidgets and test_c_wingcc targets because it means you test
several examples (rather than just one or two) for such obvious
run-time issues as segfaults, and you don't have to babysit the test
by constantly clicking on the GUI as the test goes through those
several examples.