On 2017-02-28 12:19-0800 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> On 2017-02-27 15:34-0800 Alan W. Irwin wrote:
[...]
> My remaining plans for the -DPL_WXWIDGETS_IPC2=ON case are as follows:
>
> 1. Implement interactivity so that C example 1 works with -locate mode
> and C example 20 works.
>
> 2. Named semaphore variant for POSIX systems.
>
> 3. Named semaphore variant for Windows systems.  (I should be able to
> implement this following what is done for -DPL_WXWIDGETS_IPC2=OFF, but
> I will need your help to test this variant).

Hi Phil:

I have committed (79987df) my implementation for step 1. above which
should be equivalent to the patch I circulated here.
This implementation does not work, i.e.,

examples/c/x01c -dev wxwidgets

works fine but

examples/c/x01c -dev wxwidgets -locate

hangs, but I think it is close because the -DPL_WXWIDGETS_IPC2=OFF
case has similar problems (see the commit message for further
details).  Since the problem appears to be pre-existing I would
appreciate you fixing this yourself once you get a chance to look at
and evaluate the -DPL_WXWIDGETS_IPC2=ON code.

For now, my plan is to continue with steps 2. and 3. above.