The new three named semaphores approach to wxwidgets IPC that I
implemented should "just work" on all platforms. The reason why I
claim that is the method works on Linux and POSIX named semaphores are
widely supported on all POSIX platforms (so should work on all free
Unix platforms and Mac OS X and other proprietary Unix platforms).
Also, I just checked and Cygwin apparently has complete support for
POSIX named semaphores.  So the new IPC method should just work in
that case as well.  Furthermore, I copied how Phil handled (in his
earlier implementation of a different IPC method) the Window mutex
equivalent of named POSIX semaphores for the case when WIN32 is
#defined. Therefore, the new IPC method should just work in that case
(the MSVC and MinGW-w64/MSYS2 Windows platforms) as well.

However, currently the only test result I have for the new IPC method
is for the Linux platform so testing is requested for all the other
platforms I mentioned above.

I have now (commit 25d120e) disabled all versions of IPC other than
the new three named semaphores approach to insure all further testing
will be with that new IPC method and as the first step in the planned
removal of all other IPC methods we have tried in the past.  The
commit message indicates the comprehensive test script options that
should be used to do the requested testing.  Those options insured
that the comprehensive test of our wxwidgets device and bindings only
took 15 minutes to complete on Linux.  I am especially interested in
equivalent comprehensive test wxwidgets results for Cygwin,
MinGW-w64/MSYS2, and Mac OS X since previous attempts to use that bash
test script have worked well on all those platforms.  Theoretically,
that comprehensive bash script should also work on MSVC (if you set
environment variables to access Cygwin or MinGW-w64/MSYS2 unix
functionality such as bash.exe).  But so far, nobody has figured out
exactly how to do that so you may be limited to just hand testing of
-dev wxwidgets on MSVC.