On 14.07.2017 22:48, Orion Poplawski wrote:
> Well, it compiles.  There are longstanding test failures though:
>
> 5: *** PLPLOT ERROR, ABORTING OPERATION ***
> 5: UTF-8 string is malformed: �M��, aborting operation

Just for the records, and to keep you informed about the Debian
packaging process: I fixed swig in Debian (by backporting the same patch
as Fedora), and could finally compile the octave bindings. Then I run
into the same UTF-8 errors as Orion (with octave 4.2.1 and plplot 5.12.0).

I am still unsure if this is minor (special case only), or if I should
disable octave-plplot for 5.13 (but tend to keep it).

Best regards

Ole