Hi Alan
this is indeed very strange.
here the result of uname -a
4.12.14-lp150.12.28-default #1 SMP Mon Dec 3 16:46:15 UTC 2018 (b91289f)
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

My distribution is opensuse leap 15.0
and my qt is 5.12.0

(although i had exactly the same result with 5.11 as i've tested it a few
weeks ago)

just built again with your cmake suggestion and the results are exactly the
same as before.
I'l try to get an hand during next week on a computer with a different
linux distribution just for testing.

cheers,

--

António Rodrigues Tomé