On 2018-11-19 07:38-0000 Arjen Markus wrote:

Hi Sergey,

Odd, it is something I will have to check more closely then. I have used the
trunk by the way, but I am not aware that things have changed much in that part
of the code.

To Arjen and Sergey:

I have done that close check for the current tip of the master branch (which is
going to be changed
only in a minimal way when the 5.14.0 release is completed).  And all is well
with our plhist
call there, i.e., it produces the expected non-empty histogram.

@Sergey:

I suggest you look closely at standard example 5 (the only one that uses
plhist).  If you build it
and also some device, then

examples/c/x05c -dev <some_device>

just works correctly for my Debian Buster platform.  That is, it shows the
desired histogram, i.e.,
exactly the same rendered results as can be seen at
<http://plplot.org/examples.php?demo=05>.

Do you get that same histogram result if you replace your code with
that from standard example 5?  If so, then the next obvious question
is what changes you have made from that good plhist call in standard
example 5 to the call in your own code that is causing an empty
histogram for you.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin