On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, luis fernandes wrote:

> Now, I've read further in the INSTALL but there is nothing there on
> usage (i.e. how to download a single webpage and load it into my
> Visor).

  1. <install>

  2. Edit and change the home page (which links to all other pages)
     by changing the ~/.plucker/home.html file. You can of course edit
     the other files too. You can also edit .pluckerrc, to set up the
     default behavior of the python parser.

  3. Run 'plucker-build' to download the web pages.

> Why are there many levels of indirection? (INSTALL says look at the
> README, README says look at the FAQ)

What README file tells you to look at the FAQ? AFAIK, only the
INSTALL file tells you about the FAQ.

> Also, what does plucker-dump do?

Well, if you can't figure that out by reading the source code
then you probably don't need that tool ;-)

It's a developer's tool and as it says in the header of the
file,

  This module decodes a PDB back into the 'cache' directory

i.e. it takes a Plucker database and splits it into individual
records. These records can then be examined by using plucker-decode.

> I was looking for some mechanism that would automatically select a
> default name for me rather than having to specify it

But you have to specify a filename, so why not use that instead?

> Are you concerned that 26 chars will not be unique enough to identify
> the document?

Nope.

/Mike