"David A. Desrosiers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>       Ok, let's not turn this into a 'my vi is better than your emacs'
>war. Let's be constructive.

OK, good, and I compliment you on this approach.  When the bug-reporting
mechanism is up, I will try to summarize facts of the situation as I
understand it, including the versions of gcc and python, etc.

Note, several Red Hat 7.0 users have reported that they do not have the
problem, even when using the same python version I originally reported
(if I remember correctly).  Bill Janssen was one, I think.

     ----Jon