> distributing lists of
> recommended sites with the application, which would be a definite
> misfeature IMO.

Hi MJ,

Since that was an item included in the draft (under channel manager and the
main>advanced options), I should ask why you recommend not packaging
software with any sample Plucker-compatible content, for new users who don't
know any URLs, or don't feel like always keeping up to date with them as
they change?

This was drafted as a "gallery" type list of URLS, title, (category, a
sentence description?) with their respective default values for maxdepth,
how often to update, etc. A formatted XML file of categorized sample
suggestions of sites that are popular and open to all handheld browsers. The
XML file is packaged in the manager. If the user is new, and doesn't know
any URLs to any handheld sites (since they are non-standard URLs to
handhelds, unlike knowing to type wap.contentprovider.com to connect to the
provider's WAP site) or lost track of them (since they keep changing and
becoming out of date as the handheld technology improves). I find it
frustrating to have to hunt down that the site I want is under either some
deep directory as a /low /lite /pda /handheld /palm /mobile /whatever in
order to get it into Plucker.

A button on the manager pulls the updated XML file down from plkr.org
whenever the user feels like updating it to get the new/changed URLs.

Best wishes,
Robert