"Bill" == Bill Janssen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Bill>   plucker-build foo.txt >foo.pdb

Bill> or

Bill>   plucker-build http://www.iana.org/assignments/character-sets >csets.pdb

Bill> ??

Just a question, why is it an improvement to send the binary stuff we
want as a file to the screen and redirect the screen to a file, and
were we get the status messages (will this messages stored in a file
;-)?

BTW: how does it work if the parser call an bevore_command and this
called program write to standard out?

Bill>   If no 'doc_file' is given, the DB is written to stdout.  Verbosity
Bill>   is set to zero.  (Bit of an issue there; we send a lot of status
Bill>   stuff to stdout right now that should go to stderr.)

Why should the *status messages* go to the stderr (AFAIK the stderr
are for error messages)?

But maybe that "the way" doing it in LINUX ;-)

cu,
 Dirk

--
Permanent URLs to the latest Version (1.1.13) of the Plucker Windows installer
 - For the Webpage: http://www.dirk-heiser.de/plucker