On Wed, Sep 18, 2002, Michael Nordström wrote:
> I was using the i18n branch when I got all the crashes and unhandled
> exceptions. I will take a closer look at the code.

It works better now. Still, sometimes it will refuse to copy any text,
usually when I'm at the top of a page. If I try to copy the same text
more than once it sometimes include different text (from different
records) ;-)

I wouldn't mind if you described your design, though. Would save me
some time when looking at your code and maybe I can suggest some
improvements, too ;-)

For example, in DrawRecord you have added a boolean, inView, that is
used as an argument in DrawParagraph; actually the address of inView
is used as argument, which would make be believe that it should be
assigned a value in DrawParagraph that DrawRecord later should use,
but it isn't used for anything in DrawRecord...

The hardcopy feature stores the beginning and end of the visible text.
However, you will always know the beginning of the text and I guess it
should be possible to figure out the end of the text, too, considering
that you know the first and last paragraph, the height of all paragraphs
in between, and the height of the screen, so maybe it isn't necessary to
store this info (which must be updated everytime you scroll the page).

Anyway, sooner or later I will need to know how your code works; I can
figure it out myself from analysing your code, but it would be much
easier if you described it. It doesn't have to be anything fancy; just
a simple explanation of the ideas behind your changes. I will ask more
specific questions based on that ;-)

/Mike