> I have never used documents with owner ID protection and today when
> I tried it out for the first time it didn't work. The zlib uncompress
> function fails to uncompress any document that uses the owner ID
> protection. The ultimate share denial implementation, i.e. no one
> can use the documents ;-)

I just built the viewer (from the latest sources), built a new doc
with owner-id="Palm OS Emulator" (using the latest distiller sources),
loaded it all into an emulator, and tried it out.  Works fine, as long
as the owner-id of the document matches your HotSync user name.
Otherwise, you get the screen saying

  "Your device's user name does not match that registered for the
  owner of 'DocumentName'.  The document cannot be opened except under
  that name."

Bill