Plucker-team was set up because plucker-dev bacame subscriber-only (due
to spam issues, and evil spamcop in particular), and is now moderated;
plucker-team is (and was) neither. The moderation stuff I took on
because I thought it would make plucker-dev more approachable, but if
the load of messages I have to moderate gets too high then I can always
refer people to plucker-team, which is unmoderated.

I think that the plucker-team/plucker-dev distinction is best in terms
of keeping the -dev moderation managable and free of spam for the
majority of interested people, while still allowing non-subscribers easy
access to a few developers who don't mind getting spammed occasionally.

(The spam thing became a big issue when my company was blacklisted after
a subscriber told spamcop that we were spamming them, when the spam
actually came from the list... well, what can ya do).

Cheers
Mark

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 06:52, Robert O'Connor wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 02, 2002, Mark Lillywhite wrote:
> > > Mail to plucker-dev that seems relevant (development) that's from
> > > unsubscribed users, I tend to let through.
>
> On a somewhat related note, why does the viewer send mail to plucker-team, and not
>plucker-
> list?
>
> I thought plucker-team was for team discussions, and most things coming from the
>viewer are
> questions on how to use something.
>
> I know the menu item says 'Contact the developers', so plucker-team is the best
>address for
> that description, but perhaps the menu item could be (or have another menu entry of)
>something
> like 'Contact users mailing list'
>
> Best wishes,
> Robert