On Mon, Feb 24, 2003, David A. Desrosiers wrote:
> I'm not suggesting we move en-masse over to 2.53, but if
> we move anywhere off of 2.13, the next jump is 2.53, not 2.52 or
> earlier.

Well, if the autoconf requirement is changed I will just have to
change it back locally (I will update my current Linux system,
but not before the end of March.)

I'm a bit "negative" about making changes for no real reason; if
there was a valid argument for why it is necessary to use 2.53
instead of 2.13 then I wouldn't object to it...

> There's quite a bit of nasty bugs that have been fixed in 2.53 that
> would cause detection of things to fail in 2.13. I've run into them with my
> code here, but they probably don't affect Plucker at this stage, but they
> might as we keep adding more and more dependancies to the configure checks.

Or we might never run into them, since most of our dependancies are
quite "simple"...

/Mike