> There's no HTML out there right now that supports this (or is
> there?), so obviously this wouldn't be useful for Plucking random
> web pages. But I'm starting to create a lot of my own web pages with
> scripts, and some of them suggest the ability to add appointments
> (movie listings, Heavens Above, etc).

        Why not just add your own tags to the HTML, and then add the
requisite components to the parser to trigger the right function code
in your modified Plucker viewer?

        <datetime value="1092786565">Lunch</date> or some such.

        It would be easy to tie that into the (not-yet-released) bits
of pilot-link which will be grokking XML import and export directly.
You could write a quick script to parse your existing datebook, and
turn that back into HTML for Plucker, if you wanted, or the reverse,
tappable links in Plucker to populate a datebook on the Palm.

        I think its a really great and unique idea.

> My HTML language design aesthetic sense is weak... would it be more
> tasteful to implement this as an extension to the anchor tag, or to
> invent a new tag?

        My time is pretty limited, but I can certainly help with the
aesthetic bits of the HTML, if you want.

> If it's an anchor tag, does it make more sense to try to squeeze
> everything one string (like mailto: does with recipient and sender)
> or to break it out into multiple attributes?

        Why not just use an XML file, transformed into HTML with the
proper XSLT + DTD (or XML forms). You could even take an RSS feed,
with a proper stylesheet, and handle that. Anything is possible, when
you control the parser.

> Or is this whole thing a stupid idea to begin with?

        Nothing that increases Plucker's market is a stupid idea.

        As Jean Luc Picard once said to Data:

        "Everything is impossible, until it isn't."

d.