I agree to some extent, I have tried lucidcharts, and eventually plan to move to that, though I cannot do nearly as detailed work in network diagrams as I do in visio with lucid.

I also have a 1.5yr old issue with lucid that their layer import methods are broken, which is a big issue for me.  I'm a big user of layers in visios for layering things, usually layer 1, 2, 3 data, addressing, other logical data, etc with that, and it just sort of pukes them all out when importing any format of visio.  I didn't really try, but I expect their layers are just as broken exporting to visios as importing from.

Sadly visio is almost a standard for it networking industry, and I begrudgingly always have to admit, it really is the *best* of it's kind at doing so for technical doc drawings.  I just usually say Microsoft didn't make/start it, they just acquired them, so it wasn't totally inept product from the go.  I do hate this ribbon thing having to use office 2013 lately on a customer instance, I feel like a mcdonalds cashier.

-mb