by the way, it seems that no one has mentioned that there is a lot of unlit
fiber laying in the ground going unutilized. considering that each fiber can
carry anywhere up to 50 gbits/sec, shouldn't those be tasked to handle extra
traffic? sure, I know there would have to be some extra equipment (like load
balancers, extra nodes and other equipment), but it is doable for a lot less
cost than the ISP's would have us believe.

-eric
from the central offices of the Technomage Guild, utilities management.